My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's So Special About 40?

What's so special about 40?  It's a generation.  When you've lived for 40 years, people finally start to take you seriously.  And I'm not the only one who thinks so.


That's right, 40 is one of God's favorite numbers.  I'm not making this up.  It rained on the ark for 40 days and 40 nights.  Moses was on the mountain for 40 days and 40 nights.  The Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years.  Jesus fasted in the wilderness for 40 days and was seen on the earth 40 days after his death.


Could it be mere coincidence, or is 40 the magic number?  As important, if 40 is the magic number, what comes next?


My trusty friend, Wiki-Answers, provides the following insight.


A 40-something time period, whether days, months, or years is ALWAYS a period of testing, trial, probation, or chastisement (but not judgment) and ends with a period of restoration, revival or renewal.


In other words, after 40-something, the best is yet to come.


No, I'm not Moses or an Israelite in the wilderness.  And I don't think that I can forever claim health and wealth now that my 40th birthday has arrived.  But spiritually speaking, you have to admit there's something pretty special about 40.


I've been blessed to have 40 wonderful years of life for which I am grateful.  Thanks for sharing this moment with me.  


(Ok, for all the spiritual talk, I'll admit I'm vain.  Tomorrow I'm going to be bummed about wrinkles.  So I might still need some encouragement from the over-40 blogging crowd.)



No comments: