My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Eight Years And Counting….

Out with the old and in with the new.  The holiday musings and love fests are over.  It’s time to get serious, move on, and get on with a new year.  It’s 2010, and it’s time to publish Chasing Superwoman.

Publishing a book has been on my “to do” list for about eight years.  (No kidding.)  I just pulled out one of my old journals and found an entry from early 2002.  The first sentence says, “for some time now, I have felt compelled to write.”  Back then, I didn’t have the foggiest idea what I was going to write about, so I kept a journal with me at all times and spontaneously wrote down ideas as they came to mind. 

It was a start.  I probably looked like a geek when I was in the middle of an airport or sitting in gymnastics class and all of a sudden I’d pull out my journal and start writing feverishly.  (Now I have a blogging journal.  I’m a bit more inconspicuous than I used to be, but if I’m taking notes in the middle of a party, you can guess what I’m up to.)

So as you set goals for 2010, think about taking smalls steps.  If you are going to pursue your dreams, you need to start somewhere.   (And if you don’t even know what your dreams are, buy a journal and start writing them down, even if they sound crazy.) 

Eight years is a long time to wait.  Thanks for sharing the last leg of this journey with me, and let’s make 2010 a year to remember!

No comments: