My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Never Say Never

Doug keeps surprising me.  I’ve known him for 25 years, and just when I think I have him figured out, he throws me a curve ball.

Even I was surprised when Doug ate Sushi last week.  That’s right.  I almost fell out of my chair and knocked over my glass of wine when he took the first bite.

Not only did he try it.  He actually liked it.  He ate four spicy tuna rolls and even wanted more!

For those of you who don’t know Doug, he’s a true meat and potatoes man.  He makes fun of guys who drink wine coolers and read chick blogs.   Long ago, I had put him in a box of men that will never eat Sushi.  Apparently, I was dead wrong.

All of us have people in our lives who we think we have figured out.  Maybe they’re not known to be spontaneous, they like to be in bed by a certain time, or they don’t typically try new things.  Certainly not Sushi.

Well, if you tend to put certain people in a box, I’ve got some advice for you.  Never say never.
Anyone in your life surprise you lately?

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I totally get this! But my hubby hasn't surprised me on the sushi front yet. :-(

I often go visit my family in California and Brian doesn't come. Every time I go out there, we go to this awesome rockin' sushi place, my favorite one on the planet. So this last time, Brian was in California with us and OF COURSE I had to take him to the sushi place, just hoping he'd surprise me.

Nope. I'm sorry to admit how disappointed I was. Guess I really want to share my love of sushi with him.

But he's definitely surprised me in other ways.

Susan DiMickele said...

Too funny. You'll have to let me know when the sushi moment happens. The real test for us is I've asked Doug to take me out for sushi next week, so let's see if he comes through again.