My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why Every Family Needs An Artist

Every family needs an artist.  That’s why I’m thankful for my sister, Mary Beth.

Mary Beth doesn’t blog.  And I can tell you – if she’s reading this, I’m sure she’s already feeling embarrassed.  Artists like their privacy, and they really don’t like public attention, even when it’s flattering.  So I promise I’ll keep it short.

Artists tend to be more compassionate than the rest of us.  They’re always concerned about the little guy.  They break tradition and vote their conscience (even when they’re raised in conservative, Republican families).  They date guys with long hair.  They worry their fathers.  They marry guys who are younger than them.  They live for a cause.  They live for passion, and they really don’t care what other people think.

I also admire artists for their insight and creativity.  I don’t think there’s much activity on the right side of my brain, and I think God knew that I needed an artist in my life to shake up my left-brained, myopic world.

Yes, I’m thankful my family has an artist.  She helps us keep life in perspective and helps us see beyond ourselves.

Do you have an artist in your life who helps you see the world through a different lens?

No comments: