My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

There’s Coffee In Heaven

Close-up of a cup of coffee on a cabinet
I thought I could give up coffee gracefully.  How hard could it be?  After all, coffee doesn’t rule my life, does it?

Boy was I wrong.  Dead wrong.  I should have thought it through and used my head before opening my mouth.  Yes, I’m a complete idiot for posting my fast on a blog.  There’s no turning back now.

My hardest time of day is the morning.  I kid you not, it’s taken my body over two weeks to feel normal without caffeine.  Then there are all the office meetings and social gathering that revolve around coffee.  Try drinking bottled water and green tea at Starbucks when what you really want is a double tall non-fat latte…….NOW!

Ok, I’ll have to admit I’ve been praying a lot more.  And I’ve been much more intentional about my thoughts and actions.  I don’t know if I’ll make it until Easter, but I have learned a few things about myself in the process – like how much I thrive on my routine and the daily comforts I take for granted.

What daily comforts do you take for granted?  I’ve come to realize that I'm far from understanding the word sacrifice.  I know it sounds silly, but I’m thankful for the little things in life, like a hot cup of coffee.  And one thing’s for sure – I’m convinced that God serves plenty of coffee in heaven!

No comments: