My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Loud Or Boring?

Some women know how to turn up the volume.  My Blonde Sister, Janie, is one of them.

Janie loves to talk.  But she’s not one of those annoying people who constantly talks about herself.  Instead, she’s always engaging other people.  She can carry a conversation with just about anyone, and she always has something interesting to say.  Food.  Music. Friends. Exercise.  New favorite recipes.  New health remedies.  Financial trends.  Parenting.  Every time I talk to her, I learn something valuable.  Better yet, her positive words always put me in a good mood.  She doesn’t complain and she doesn’t gossip – she just tells it like it is.  Sure, she can be extremely loud at family gatherings (and in public establishments), but I never mind the volume.

When I’m at a restaurant with Doug, he often tells me I’m talking too loudly.  I’m sorry, dear, but it’s genetic.  Besides, people who complain about loud women just need to get over it.  Better yet, they need to get over themselves and let the people around them enjoy life.  I’ll take loud over boring any day.

What loud women are you thankful for today?  Janie is another year younger this month, and I’ll have to say, I can’t imagine life without her. 

No comments: