My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stop Whining, Mom

I really hate it when my kids whine.  I’ll take crying, yelling, and even arguing over whining any day of the week.

Why is whining so annoying?

I looked up the definition in the Free Online Dictionary:

Whining:  To utter a plaintive, high pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.

Wow.  That sounds a lot like me some days.  Yes, I’m known to complain.  Yes, it tends to be rather protracted.  And, yes, my voice can get a little high-pitched.

So the next time I yell at the kids for whining, I’m going to ask myself, who is really the whiner here?

Busy moms like me are carrying a heavy load on our shoulders, but we really need to stop whining about it and cut the double standard.  After all, what’s more annoying?  A whining kid, or a whining mom?

No comments: