My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mother’s Journal Or Blog?

Some of you have asked me, doesn’t blogging tend to replace writing in my kids’ journals?  After all, I’m recording a lot of memories right here.  Why do I still need to journal?

Here’s my answer.  I probably do write less in the kids’ journals since I wrote Chasing Superwoman and started a blog.  But their journals still serve a different, important purpose.  The journals are my private notes to my kids.  Yes, there are even some things that I would not put on a blog.

There are certain things I want to say to my kids without an audience.  Like when I’m proud of a new accomplishment, I know they’ve had their feelings hurt, or we’ve discovered something special together.  These are the kind of things I write in their journals – our special secrets.

So, even though I may not journal as much as I used to, I intend to keep the kids’ journals in full swing.  For those of you who haven’t written a journal to your kids, give it some thought.  What could be better than to record those private memories?

(For a discussion about starting a journal, see Keeping The Memories.)

No comments: