My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pregnant, Again?

Now that I have your attention, I’m not pregnant.  Well, not exactly.  I’m not pregnant with child.  (Doug has made it loud and clear he’s not planning on #4.)

But I am pregnant in a different sense.  I’m waiting for my first book to be published.  I guess you could say I’m in my last trimester of the publishing process.

This baby was conceived a long time ago.  In fact, I’m done writing.  At this point, I’m just waiting on a final proofread, endorsements, and then we’re off to the printer sometime in late March.

When is my due date?  It’s set for June 2010.  Sure, I have high hopes that everything is on schedule, that there will be no complications, and it will be a smooth delivery, but having been through childbirth a few times before, I’m prepared for just about anything.

Just like the last trimester of pregnancy, I’ll have to admit I’m really nervous.  I really don’t know what to expect.  What if nobody likes Chasing Superwoman?  Every time I read the manuscript, I want to tweak it just a bit more, but once it’s out of the womb there’s no turning back.

For now, I just have to wait (something I’m not very good at).   I can’t thank you enough for waiting with me.  Have you ever been pregnant with anticipation?  How do you stand the wait?

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

Keli Gwyn said...

Anticipation! Oh, the longing to have your book make its debut. I hope the release is even sweeter because you have to wait for it--just like seeing the presents under the tree Christmas morning when we were kids.