My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Top Ten Reasons I Hate Packing Lunches

I really try not to complain on Monday mornings, but there are certain aspects of my morning routine I completely dread.  At the top of my list?  Packing lunches.

Here’s why (and it was hard to limit the list to 10):

1. I am reminded of all the junk food in my cupboard.
2. I have to get out of bed 15 minutes early.
3. The lunch boxes stink from last week's lunch.
4. I remember what I forgot to buy at the store.
5. The kids always try to “help.”
6. Doug and I argue about the Ho Ho’s he tries to sneak in their bags.
7. I’m concerned the school thinks I’m a “bad nutrition parent.”
8. The kids don’t eat my healthy food, even when I take the extra time.
9. Somebody always leaves their lunch box at school.
10. THE LAST THING I NEED IS ANOTHER THING TO DO IN THE MORNING!

So, what part of your morning routine could you do without?

2 comments:

Alison said...

I could do without the constant repetition of me saying, "Eat your breakfast, get your shoes on, brush your teeth". I should record this slur of orders and have it continuously playing through the stereo system. At least I'd save some breath!

Susan DiMickele said...

Yeah, I know what you mean -- sometimes I wonder, is anybody listening to me except me?