My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting Started

A year ago, I didn’t even know what a blog was. But when you’re about to publish a book and you decide it’s time to get serious about writing, you quickly learn.

For those of you who are new to this, this is what you call a blog.  For those of you who aren’t new to this, I’m asking you (yes, even begging you) to help me learn the ropes.

Please comment and contribute. Don’t get angry with me when I don’t respond promptly (remember, I also have a day job), tell me when my posts are redundant and uninspiring, and please forgive me if my blog has typos or looks frumpy or unprofessional. I’m a writer not a techno geek. It’s going to take some time (and help from friends more talented than I) to make the blog look cool.  Bear with me. And please tell me if and when other people post trashy stuff on my blog because I’m a mother of young impressionable children and I really would die if my children thought their mother had a trashy blog. (I’ll learn how to use the content control settings soon enough.) Let’s keep it PG.

So, how did I get into this blogging stuff anyway? The answer is easy. I wrote a book. Then, my wise and trusty agent, Rachelle Gardner, told me to start a blog. So here I am. Writing. Blogging. Waiting for my book to be published. (In the days to come I’ll tell you about how I went about getting published.)

What is my blog about?  It’s about the same thing my book, Chasing Superwoman, is about. It’s about trying to do it all -- work, home, kids, marriage, friends -- and trying to do it all well. Too many of us are just surviving, and I for one want to do more than survive. I want to live out my God-given calling and make a difference in this world. I want to be a woman of faith, a role model to my children, and an inspiration and blessing to those around me.

Yes, some days I even want to be Superwoman. But you’ll have to read more about that later.

1 comment:

MC said...

The cape is attached, the tightly-fitting uniform with the large "S" on the chest (for SUSAN) is on and you are ready to fly my friend...Hugs MC