Sunday, May 23, 2010
Ten Ways To Help Promote Chasing Superwoman
I'm blessed with friends and family who want to help. They don’t blog, and they know nothing about the publishing process. But they really want to get involved in promoting Chasing Superwoman. After all, they’ve lived this journey with me. In addition, I’ve met lots of great bloggers and have even gotten emails from complete strangers who want to get involved.
First and foremost, you can’t believe how grateful I am for the support. Thanks for asking. I’m one of those people who is reluctant to ask for help, but the truth is, I really need all of you.
So, if you want to be involved, here are 10 things to consider (and please take all of this with a grain of salt – I’m a first-time author, remember?):
1. Keep reading. Thanks for reading. I’ll try to put updates about my marketing activities, book signings, and other events right here on the blog.
2. Tell your friends. Please tell your friends about Chasing Superwoman. Send them a link to the blog, Amazon, or any other site (such as Scribd.com where they can read the first chapter online).
3. Do a review on Amazon. If you decide to buy the book on Amazon, please write a review. Your words are powerful!
4. Ask your local bookstore to order or stock. Ask your local bookstore to order or stock Chasing Superwoman. I’ll be circulating a list of stores who will carry copies, such as Borders and Family Christian Stores. In fact, we’re doing a book-signing at Borders on July 11, from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.. Please join us! (Columbus, Ohio – Henderson Road location.)
5. Send me a list of your friends and influencers. If you don’t know what to say (or don’t have the time or energy), please send me a list of your friends and contacts who may be interested in hearing more about Chasing Superwoman.
6. Give me feedback. Please give me your feedback about the blog, the book, or anything else. For example, I have a friend who reads the blog every morning to help me catch typos – and I buy him lunch for every typo he catches!
7. Join the blog tour. My publisher will be organizing a blog tour next month. If you’re a blogger and you want to get involved, please let me know and I’ll send you the details.
8. Become a Facebook Fan or a Blog Follower. You can become a Fan right on Facebook. And I just added a “Follower” button to my blog last week, so you can publically support and flow the blog.
9. Suggest new material. I’m going to keep writing. So if you have ideas for new material, let me know. My post later this week Are Showers Overrated? is actually at the request of my sister!
10. Pray. Please don’t feel like you have to do anything to support me. But if I can ask for one thing (pretty please), I’d really appreciate your prayers. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16 (NLT)
Thanks for everything. June 1 is next week!