My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What’s In Your Purse?

 

My purse is a mystery.

To start, I can never find it.  My girls are obsessed with my purse (I stopped counting how many tubes of lipstick have been destroyed by little people!) and I usually end up finding my purse in the most unusual places.  Like the bathtub.

I know.  I know.  I should just say NO!  “Hands off Mommy’s purse!”

But my girls are intrigued by the mystery.  So am I.  You never know what you’re going to find in my purse.
Just for kicks, I'll tell you what’s in my purse today.  I don’t even know yet.  Here goes:
  • Wallet
  • Blackberry
  • Lipstick
  • Old napkins from Panera
  • Chocolate wrappers (3 to be exact)
  • Business cards from people I’ve met on airplanes 
  • A granola bar
  • Receipts
  • Expired coupons
  • Post-it notes (including addresses of people I’ve met at book events; notes from a conference call I took on the road; and random ideas for blog posts)
  • A flash drive
  • Three pens, one pencil, and one highlighter
  • Part of a broken toy
There, that wasn’t so bad.

Are you brave enough to tell me what’s in your purse?  And, for the record, this post isn’t just for women.  I hear that “Man Purses” are the new rage!  (No, I can’t convince Doug to carry one.)

10 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Man purses--nice!

I'm going to grab mine.
tissues
planner
dental floss
feminine products (well, you asked)
old grocery list on Post-It
old football and baseball tix stubs
business cards
lipstick
four pens
granola bar
ponytail holder

That's all she wrote.

:D
~ Wendy

Unknown said...

I also have receipts and expired coupons in my purse too. Why can't I throw them out?

Unknown said...

You can see all the mess in my purse in todays post. (I always throw my extra napkins in my purse too!)

BigD said...

This is why I refuse to carry a big purse! My kids treat me like a pack mule as it is (ala, "Mom, can you keep this for me?").
Too bad! No room!

Julia Ladewski said...

i always have napkins and wrappers in my purse. hubby always puts his gum wrappers in there. i hate it!!!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Here goes:
lip balm
2 lipsticks, one pink, one beige
receipts from my trip
comb
appointment card for dentist
wallet
2 gum wrappers
pack of Extra gum
visine
iphone

That wasn't so bad! Enjoy your day!

Marcus Goodyear said...

I have a backpack/briefcase. In mine is

a stainless steel travel mug
four books
two journals
two extension cords (one grounded, one not)
a surge protector
an extra battery
Thieves anti-bacterial spray
Assorted notecards, pens, etc.
Assorted earbuds.
An old cell phone that I keep meaning to recycle.
a 15 foot LAN extension cord.
a USB extension cord
business cards.

You know what, I didn't realize how much of a geek I really am until just now...

Julie Cragon said...

journal
checkbook
wallet
message from work
review pamphlet for book a woman wants us to carry in the store
small package from store
mace
chapstick
football mouthpiece
camera
couple of receipts
crayons
pens
extra set of keys
and low and behold some cash! I never have cash.
Thanks for having me look.

Susan DiMickele said...

I love these comments. Thanks for opening up your souls (to open your purse is to open your soul).

And Marcus, it's ok to be a geek!

Now, the irony of the day is that I lost my car keys today. And I found them in my purse.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

HA! Julie Cragon's football mouthpiece is the winner, I think. That's hilarious.

Mine has almost ALL the stuff listed in it. It also has a special 2008 family Christmas card picture and an album of Aiden (grandson) pics.

Great post, Susan!