My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Putting June In Perspective

Writing in Daily Organizer

Can you believe July 1 is here?  Is it just me, or did June fly by?

June 2010 was a busy month.  And I wouldn’t trade the last 30 days for anything. 

I’m one of those people who needs to slow down sometimes and remember.

To catch my breath.

To pray.

To make a record, before it passes me by.

So, here are 10 highlights I don’t want to forget. 

1.  Launching Chasing Superwoman.  I thought June 1 would never come.  Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  No, I wasn’t ready!  But I’m not sure I’d ever be truly ready.

2.  Guest-blogging at Graceful and Rants and Ramblings.  I’ve gotten to guest blog at some of my favorite sites.  (Yeah, I posted at Graceful in May, but it set the stage for June!)

3.  Launching the on-line book club at Light The World.  Ann Wurster and her team at Light The World get all the credit for this!  We launch discussion the week of July 11 (there's still time to register).

4.  Publishing an article with InterVarsity’s The Well.  My neighbor, Kelly Monroe, (author of Finding God at Harvard) hooked me up with editor Marcia Bosscher.  I’m thrilled to publish an article with this amazing group of women.

5.  Meeting radio friends across the US.  Thanks to my friends at B&B Media Group, I’ve done radio interviews in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Texas, New Mexico, and New York.  And there are more to come!

6.  TV Interview with Mike Jackson.  This was perhaps the most unnerving moment of the month.  Thanks much to Mike Jackson and the team at NBC Channel 4 for all of their support. 

7.  Interview with Laura Groves, at Outnumbered MomLaura is a kindred spirit – a working mom and mother of four boys!  Stay tuned for her book, I’m Outnumbered, launching in August (available for pre-order on Amazon).

8.  Newspaper article and interview with the Canton Repository.  My home-town paper, the Canton Repository, gave a great review to Chasing Superwoman in it’s Sunday book reviews.

9.  Book signing at Borders.  Doug and the kids (along with family and friends) helped me launch my first book-signing at Borders in Canton.  (We’ll do another signing at Borders in Columbus, on July 11.)

10. My first Amazon review.  It’s always fun – and rewarding – to receive positive feedback.  I was more than thrilled when my first Amazon review was posted at 5 stars!  

Overall, June 2010 has been a month to remember.

Ok, I lied!  I couldn’t limit it to 10.  The last 30 days would not be complete without the relationships -- the new friends I’ve met and the old friends (and family) who have encouraged me every step of the way. 

Thanks for a great month – I wouldn’t want to share it with anyone else!

Is anyone else tired?  Yeah, I’d still do it all over again.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Your spirit sounds full and gracious. Congratulations to you for all of these accomplishments. I look forward to the book club launch! Happy 4th!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

I'm so impressed with your grace during all of this happy success! Happy July :)