My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Ask And You Shall Receive

Hands cupped together

Since the release of Chasing Superwoman this month, I’ve had several friends and colleagues say to me, “Thanks for inspiring us to follow our dreams.”

Many of these friends aren’t working moms.  Many of them don’t share my perspective or my faith.  But they do share a deep desire to make a difference in this world.  And they all have dreams.

In my case, my dream was to write a book.  I’ve already written at length about the publishing process – I’ve known for 8 years that I wanted to write a book.  But at some point, I had to pull the trigger.  Following your dreams takes action.

Simply put, if you want to step out in faith, you have to ask.  The New Testament puts it like this:

You do not have, because you do not ask God.  James 4:2

Sure, I had to act on an idea.  But first I had to muster up the courage to make the ask.  Sometimes I wonder what God would do if we just decided to ask.  Many of us wouldn’t just be wondering about our dreams – we’d be living them.

This Tuesday, If you’re thinking about following your dreams, I’d like to leave you with one question:  What are you waiting for? 

If I can follow my dreams, so can you.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  Matthew 7:7

2 comments:

Babetta said...

Thank you for this. I'm asking right now.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

A wonderful timely word, Susan. Thank you!