My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Chasing Superwoman Radio Debut

Radio microphone

Today, we’ll be launching a few radio interviews for Chasing Superwoman. 

Join me at the following times and stations (EST):

7:20 a.m.:  WCBQ 1340 AM/WHNC 890 AM (Oxford, NC)

10:00 a.m (9:00 Central).:  KSBJ 89.3 FM (Houston, Galveston, Brenham, TX)

11:00 p.m.:  WNPQ 95.9 FM (Akron, Ohio)

Sure, I’m both excited and nervous.  By the time most of you read this, I’ll be through the first interview (or two).  I have to admit, while I love to talk to strangers, I can’t stand the sound of my own voice!

Think back to the first time you heard a recording of your own voice.  Mine was back in the day of tape recorders – I was about 8 years old.  I turned to my sister and said, “Is that really what I sound like?”

“Exactly,” she replied.

Surely, the Mickey Mouse voice on the tape recorder couldn’t be my voice?  Could it? 

During middle school, my speech teacher didn’t like my voice either.  He told me I had a wonderful presence, but I should never go into media.  The reason?  “You don’t have the voice for it.”

Well, I still don’t like the sound of my voice.  But it’s the only voice I have.  And it’s the voice that God gave me.  So I’m going to use it!

Do you like the sound of your own voice?  Does anyone?

* * * *
Stay tuned for additional radio and TV interviews this week:

Tuesday:  Noon WKTO 88.7 FM (Daytona Beach, FL)

Wednesday:  9:40 a.m. (7:40 a.m. Mountain) KDAZ 730 AM  (Albuquerque, NM)

Friday: 12:15 p.m. WCMH-TV, Channel 4 (Columbus, OH NBC affiliate)

No comments: