My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Win A Copy of Mommy Whispers Here!


Today on Working Mommy Wednesday, we're discussing favorite books.  And while I've read some great adult books lately, my favorite reads these days are with my kids.  After all, they'll grow up soon and won't want Mom to read to them (boo hoo!).

So here's my favorite new children's book:  Mommy Whispers, by Jenny Lee Sulpizio.

Why do I love this book so much?  Here's a glimpse inside the cover.

Mommy Whispers tells the story of a mother, watching her daughter mature and grow through each stage of life.  From birth, to school, to adulthood, to marriage, and to motherhood.  It's the cycle of life that we all cherish, knowing that each stage is a gift that will last only for a season.

But it's not just about the cycle of life.  It's about the yearning every mother has to keep control, and her need to trust God every step of the journey.

Sounds pretty heavy, huh?

I wasn't sure if it would maintain my daughters' attentions (ages 5 and 7) since we often have different taste in books these days.  (Let's just say I've about had it with the Disney Princesses.)

Boy was I wrong.  My girls ate up every word.  They loved the repetitive language (which help makes this book kid-centered) as well as the bright illustrations.  Afterward, my 7-year-old said to me, "Mom, I want to grow up to be a mom someday, just like you!"

Warning.  This one's a tear jerker.

Please leave me a comment before Mother's Day and I'll put you into the drawing for a free copy!   It's the perfect gift for your mother, daughter, grandmother, sister, or friend.

What about mothers of sons?  After all, we too have a story to tell!

Don't worry, Jenny has a book that's coming out for you this fall!  Stick around, and we might just do another give away.

If you haven't met Jenny Lee Sulpizio, stop by and visit her blog here.
Mommy Whispers

9 comments:

Unpolished Parenting said...

You can count me for this drawing! It sounds so sweet :)

Jenny Sulpizio said...

Thanks so much Susan for the great review and I am so glad you could enjoy this with your girls!

Blessings,
Jenny Lee Sulpizio

Julia Ladewski said...

sounds like something special i could share with my daughter!! :)

Unknown said...

I am a mom of boys, but they don't seem to care is a book is geared towards girls or towards them. I Love You Forever is another tear jerker and is about a boy and a mom. Can't read it without tearing up.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very special book :-)

LabMom said...

I'm in. It sounds very sweet.

Stephanie White said...

I'm sure I will be a mess but I would love to read it. I have troubles already and E is only 6. It is the oddest things that get me, too. When she lost her first tooth, dialing her first phone call... it wasn't any of the traditional first steps, first words (but then again I think she may have been born talking).

Amy Sullivan said...

Oh, sweet review, and finding the balance between "keeping control and needing to trust God with every step".

Yes, something I'd be interested in reading!

I'm going to check out Jenny now.

Susan DiMickele said...

congrats to Julia - I'll be in touch to send you the book!