My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Is Ambition Bad?

I am on a conflicted journey with ambition.

There’s a part of me that likes being ambitious. I mean really ambitious. I want to be the best at everything. Work. Home. Relationships. Writing. Even play. There is a standard of excellence that inspires me, pushes me, and engages me. And that’s a good thing. Isn’t it?

Maybe not.

Sometimes I worry that being ambitious isn’t all that spiritual. So I look around me. Some of the most ambitious people I know don’t claim to follow Jesus. Some of them even think that Christians are misguided and uneducated. And I like being educated. At least I like it when people think I’m educated. So I worry some more. What am I supposed to do about this ambitious spirit of mine?

[Click here to continue reading at The High Calling]

1 comment:

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Great post, Susan. I think it all goes back to balance, don't you? It's great to strive for success, faith, another degree, a bigger savings account, as long as you're thankful for where you are, what you do, what you have. I like to challenge myself and have great ambitions most of the time, but at the end of day, I thank God for all I am, all I have, and all I've achieved. Just my 2 cents. :)