My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Working Mom’s Guide To Saying Yes!

This post was supposed to be about saying NO!  After all, if you’re a working mom, the word no probably isn’t in your vocabulary. Most of us need to draw some serious boundaries.

So why on earth am I writing a post about saying yes? 

It’s simple.  We need to start saying yes first.  We need to start saying yes to the things that are really important.  

Ok, maybe it’s a bit more complicated than it sounds.  I’ll admit, I really don’t have this whole yes/no thing figured out.  But I do know that I’ve probably had it backwards.  And I don’t think I’m alone.

Most weeks, I let my schedule fill up with lots of “stuff.”  Most of this stuff is good -- ranging from work, school, activities, exercise – but at the end of the week I find myself asking, What did I really accomplish?

I’m not suggesting that my daily routine isn’t productive or worthy of my time.  I am suggesting it’s not always intentional.

And this holiday season – when my schedule typically blazes out of control – I want to be intentional.  So, how does this translate into saying yes? 

[Click here to continue reading at Work, Wife, Mom ... Life!]

1 comment:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I just said yes to folding all the clothes on my bedroom floor. I couldn't see it anymore. ;)

I'm also saying yes to playing tag with my kids. Will help me burn off cookies and they are addicted to it lately. One of them is the little kid from The Incredibles fast.

~ Wendy