My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Power Of Unplugging

I’m officially unplugged.  For the next two weeks!

Am I already going through withdrawal? You bet.

Mind you, I had every intention of keeping up my blogging through August – even while I’m camping in remote places like the Porcupine Mountains.  After all, I’m a modern day multi-taskaholic.  Who says I can’t blog and camp at the same time?  Besides, I’m the middle of a “Faking The Pain” series that I want to continue.  Badly.  And I’m part of a writing group that just launched the WordServe Water Cooler.  I don’t want to take time off!

But wait.  I hear my children calling:

“Mom, why are you working during vacation?”

And I hear my husband calling:

“Suz, get off of that @&#% laptop!”

I’m pretty stubborn, so I’m still not convinced. 

Then I hear God calling:

“Be still.  Slow down.  Stop talking and listen.”

Ok, I get it. 

{See you in two weeks when I pick up with Faking The Pain, Part 3 of 4.}

7 comments:

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Good for you! Enjoy. :)

Ashby Lawton Jones said...

Unplugging is wonderful! I highly recommend it.

Unknown said...

Enjoy the Porcupine Mountains! The UP is gorgeous!!! See you in two weeks!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

So cool you are being obedient. Sounds like I'm due to do this.

Due to do. Sounded like a Mountain Dew commercial. Clearly, I'm due.

;)
~ Wendy

Mike @GreaterSeas said...

Good luck unplugging and enjoy the vacation!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

We'll miss you but have GREAT fun! I'm sure you'll come back overflowing with ideas.

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you - you know that, right? But it is important to let it all go for a while. It gives you a better perspective on things, I think.

I will be doing the same in a week, heading to Europe for two weeks. I may find an internet cafe once or twice, but I am not counting on it!

Have fun and relax with your family.