My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://susandimickele.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Will Nice Guy Become Ransom Guy?

What ever happened with Nice Guy? Did I ever get my license back, or did Nice Guy turn into Ransom Guy?

After I responded to Nice Guy’s email suggesting that he meet me on my terms, I didn’t hear back.  Fortunately, he had also left me his cell phone number, so the next morning I called and left him a message.

At noon, he still hadn’t returned my call.  I started to panic.  Obviously, I had blown it.  I should have met him at 2:00 p.m. just like he asked.  Now, he would probably hold my license hostage.  Worse yet, he would just ignore my calls and I’d have to head to the airport without my license.  How could I be so stupid? Why did I blow him off in the first place?

Then, about mid-day (during my well-deserved trip to Napa) my phone rang.  It was he, offering to meet me later that evening after 10:00 p.m., just like I had asked.

When I finally met Nice Guy, it was pretty uneventful.  The transaction took about 30 seconds, and he didn’t ask for anything in return. I made him take a Starbucks card (to relieve my guilt) in exchange for my license, and I could tell he thought I must be the most high maintenance, self-absorbed woman he had ever met.  But I was genuinely thankful for his kind gesture, and I’ll never forget him.

It’s fun when God teaches me about his grace through total strangers.  If you’re worried you’ve blown God off one too many times, you’re in good company. Yes, God is known to meet us on our own terms, just the way we are.  We don’t need to bribe him with Starbucks cards or good works, and he’s even more patient than Nice Guy.

No comments: